Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

7 suggestions by Chetan Bhagat to the youths.

Chetan Bhatat is an Indian columnist and author of best-selling novels like Five Point Someone, One night @ the call centre, the three mistakes of my life etc. He also has inspired many Bollywood films including the blockbuster 3 idiots.

Here are seven suggestions by the writer to all youths, it's shared by the writer on the social media.



1)
Funny how when you truly start loving yourself the world starts loving you.



2)
Don't be serious, be sincere.



3)
I see guys spending weeks, months trying to make a girl happy. I see girls waiting endlessly for their guys call.Is that all your life about, For your lover to validate you?  Or to make a relationship work? Instead, why not focus on yourself-working on your goals, learning something, being a more positive person and helping others.This will boost your self-esteem far more than any lover ever could. Next time that guy or girl treats you badly, say than you. Say thank you for reminding me that I need to make myself the focus of my life, not you.




4)
Work hard, but make time for your love family and friends. Nobody remembers PowerPoint presentations     on your final day.

5)
Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

6)
 Why do I succeed? I succeed because I am willing to do the things you are not. I will fight against the odds. I will sacrifice. I am not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt. I feel those emotions --drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell. I am motivated by accomplishment, non pride. Pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within. If I fall--I will get up. If I am beaten--I will return. I will never stop getting better. I will never give up--ever. That is why I succeed.

7)
Don't just have career or academic goals, set goals to give you a balanced, successful life. I use the word balanced before successful. Balanced means ensuring your health, relationships, mental peace are all in good order. There is no point of getting promotion on the day of your breakup. There's no fun in driving a car if your back hurts. Shopping is not enjoyable if your mind is full of tensions.

   Life is one of those races in nursery school where you have to run with a marble in a spoon kept in your mouth. If the marble falls, there is no point coming first. Same is with life where health and relationships, are the marble. Your striving is only worth it if there is harmony in your life. Else, you may achieve the success, but this spark, this feeling of being excited and alive will start to die.

   One thing about nurturing the spark-don't take life seriously. Life is not meant to be taken seriously as we are really temporary here. We are like a pre paid card with limited validity. If we are lucky we may last another 50 years. And 50 years is just 2,500 weekends. Do we really need to get so worked up?

    It's ok, bunk a few classes, scoring low in couple of papers, goof up a few interviews, take leave from work, Enjoy with your friends, fall in love, little fights with your loved ones. We are people not programmed devices. Don't be serious, be sincere.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts