Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

US study, Q/A with consular.


This article is based on the chat session on the Facebook page of USEF Nepal between the prospective students and consular of the US-Embassy Kathmandu Nepal. We have collected all those questions and answers so that it will help other students who want to study in the US.


Q. what does actually dependent visa means?/

Consular:-the answer is, it depends. Many people apply for the DV as it is free; if you can discuss your future plans after receiving your degree, which should include plans for coming back, applying for a DV should not be an issue. You must convince the Officer that you will return after completion of your degree. An F2 visa is a visa for dependent's of students studying in the US. A student needs to demonstrate that they have adequate funding to sponsor their dependent.

Q.Is there any restriction like the one goind on dependent can work and earn or the one taking another person depend on him/her don't get to study?

Consular:-The dependent CANNOT work nor go to school in the U.S. while their spouse or partner is going to school.



Q.Respected Sir/Madam,I have heard that although the student having very good academic performance and English language proficiency U.S. Embassy denies visa if they do not get any sort of financial rewards from the university. Is is true?

Consular:-No, You must demonstrate that you can afford the University you choose, which is why we request you to bring in bank documents and the like.

Q.Hello CONS, I am applying for August Intake. I will not be sending my SAT scores to colleges because I didn't get the marks I needed. Does it obstruct my VISA chance?

Consular:- SAT scores are not required to be brought in for the interview. We look at your past transcripts. THAT is required.

Q.Cons:- I wanna study BBA level in the US. I am thinking for april . What should i do? How can i get the visa? And also my intermediate percentage is also low so what is the chances of getting visa?

Consular:- You need to first, be accepted to a university; second, that you have available funds to pay for the first year's tuition and an income source to pay for your remaining years at school and finally, through your transcripts, that you will be able to handle a US curriculum.


Q.Can we get dependent visa for US?

Consular:-Are you asking about student dependent (F2) visas? If so, yes, dependents of students studying in the US can go to the US on a "dependent visa."


Q.Can we apply student visa for bachelor level in management? ??

Consular:-Yes. Many students apply for bachelor level studies with management being of many majors they are admitted for.

Q.Hello CONS, As VISA rumors surround us with fear, Is it true that the VISA chances for Community College's I-20 are almost deniable?

Consular:-Absolutely not.

Q.Hello CONS, i have been accepted into a US uni and I am waiting for my i20 form. what are the other required documents to apply for student visa? Are property evaluation certificates necessary? which forms depict an undergraduate student's ties to his home country?

Consular:-Good question, Please bring bank or financial documents demonstrating that you can afford the University you are accepted to. Please bring in your past academic transcripts. Bring other documentation that you believe will help in your interview. However, we REQUIRE your I-20, bank documents and academic transcripts.

Q.CONS: Good Afternoon USEF and Consular. What role does the reputation of the US university that I got an admit from plays in my chances of getting a VISA to study in US ?

Consular:- The reputation of the University plays no role in whether you receive a visa or not.



Q.Where can i get a good information on f2 visa?


Consular:-Spouse and children
Your spouse and unmarried, minor children who intend to reside with you during your study may apply for F-2 or M-2 visas. Although SEVIS fee payment is not required, your school must issue them an individual Form I-20, which is required to apply for their visas. You must provide a copy of your F-1 or M-1 visa and provide proof of relationship.
Your minor children are permitted to attend school in the United States while accompanying you.
Unless cancelled or revoked, a visa is valid until its expiration date. Therefore, a valid U.S. visa in an expired passport is still valid. If you have a valid visa in your expired passport, do not remove it from your expired passport. You may use your valid visa in your expired passport along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the United States.http://travel.state.gov/.../study-exchange/student.html

Q.CONS, Dear sir/madam, Can my brother who is residing in Australia with PR can sponsor for my MS in US university in case I do not get any funding?

Consular:-Yes, your brother can absolutely sponsor your studies in the US.

Q.CONS When should I start worrying about my VISA and What things I need to do?

Consular:-You can apply 120 days prior to the start of school. We encourage students to apply early. You first need to accepted to a university, who will issue the I-20.

Q.Cons sir i m studying in +2 level (science).after my +2 i want to study in USA.so what are the requirements which will increase the chance of visa for me?please answer my question

Consular:-You need to demonstrate, through your academic transcripts, that you can handle the curriculum in the US; you need to demonstrate that you have adequate funding to pay for your your first year's tuition and a source of income showing you can pay for your remaining years. Please bring in financial documents, your academic transcripts and your I-20.

Q.Cons - How about coming to interview with a just academic records, a bank statement with six month transaction and few property certificates. This 'property show' issue for student visa in US embassy in Nepal is more complicated than 'quantum physics' . Can't it be simplified. We have left behind US-craze of 80s and 90s. Today, if a person wants to study in US, s/he is most probably well counselled, more motivated, has certainly some plans about the academic career and can afford as well.

Consular:- All that is required to bring to the interview is your past academic transcripts, your I-20 and financial documents. If you wish to bring in property documents you are welcome to do so. They are not required, though.



Q. I have one question, I am thinking to set up an IT start-up in the US. Is it feasible is it to do so on F1 visa?


Consular:-No, you will most likely need to visit on a B1/B2 visa (visitor/business visa). Please visit Travel.State.Gov.



Q.CONS: If I secure a fully funded admit from a US university, do I still need to bring financial documents for my VISA interview ? In such case, what relevant documents can reveal my strong ties to Nepal ?


Consular:-Yes, please bring in financial documents. Bank documents are fine.


Q.CONS sir i have loss one year and repeated my 11 class.will it create any problem for me in getting visa or to apply for USA

Consular:-It depends. Be prepared to discuss the reasons why you did not do well as past performance is a good indicator of future performance

Q.sir I had done GED and TOEFL with the score of 74. I had already applied in 3 Universities in the United States for this fall 2014. now I'm really worried about the visa.. does I'm capable for applying the visa. cause now I'm getting worried about my acceptance in the U.S Universities and visa.. please help..

Consular:-Your GED and TOEFL scores are not required to be brought into your interview. We rely on your past ACADEMIC scores rather than test scores.

but sir I was in 10th grade when I left my schooling and after that I had heard about the GED which is equivalent with the high school diploma. and i had did that.. now I can easily join undergraduate program anywhere in the world including united states, and after that I had gave my SAT and TOEFL and I did well in these test and already applied in the united states for this fall.. but now I dont understand what documents I need to present in front of you for the visa. because for the academics I only have the GED ( the high school diploma) and some experience certificates of my work..

consular:-Please bring in your SLC scores and evidence of passing the GED. Be prepared to articulately discuss the reasons why you left school early and why you now believe a BS degree from the US will help you attain your future career goals in Nepal.

Q.Cons - I've IELTS test on 26th April.Can i apply for I-20 without ielts test result???

COnsular:-This will be better answered by USEF, however, you CANNOT schedule an F-1 interview without receiving an I-20 from a university first. If the University you were accepted to does not require an IELTS result and you subsequently received an I-20, you can schedule an interview without having sat for an IELTS test

Q. CONS,Why is it said that getting student visa for USA is much difficult than other countries??? What are the criterias for which the students are analyzed and selected?

Consular:- I cannot comment on other countries, however, we require you to demonstrate that you can afford the school you chose to attend in addition to looking at your past academic perforamnce. We also will ask you what your future plans are pertaining to using your degree in Nepal.


Q.Good afternoon sir/Madam Is feeling dv should be consider as hindrance in getting visa?

Consular:- Be prepared to articulately explain your future plans which should include your intent to return to Nepal.

QCONS: if i get accepted by a US College for this fall 2014 and get issued an i20 and also be selected for the diversity visa application, then what type of visa will i be applying for? can i use my i20 as a part of my DV application or vice versa?

Consular:-If you do not have a DV to date, you can apply for an F-1 student visa. If you are issued a DV the F-1 visa will be cancelled, as you will now be a permanent US resident

Q.I meant before the issuance of the DV visa, the part where i get selected for an interview for the DV

Consular:-You will be applying for an F-1 visa. You cannot interview for a DV until your interview date. If you are ultimately issued a DV the F-1 visa will be cancelled. If your interview date for your DV is already scheduled, you should NOT interview for an F-1 visa.
If you are scheduled for a DV interview, it would may be less expensive to ultimately study in the US as an LPR.


Q.Good after noon sir im bbs student i want to master in usa i have no impressive marks in bachelore level how much minimum percentage for master apply there and my relative brother stay there in usa if he sponsor to me can i get visa or not is it possible.

Consular:-There is no absolute minimum percentage. We do look at your scores. You should be prepared to explain how you expect to do better in the US when you did not do well here. Perhaps you had family issues, etc. Past performance is a good indicator of future performance

Source:-USEF Facebook page.








3 comments:

  1. ca i get the visa for U.S. through GED inspect of +2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cons.sir I am an bad student of science. I wanted to study arts but I was forcefully recommended to study science. I want to study BSW in USA. What are my chances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cons sir will the election process of USA affct the visa rate especially F-2 visa? And what if F-1 student qas asked about the dependent and they had told ,"NO,my spouse won't join me later"?

    ReplyDelete

Related posts