Pages

Saturday 10 April 2021

Indian Embassy Kathmandu - Assistant Post - Written Examination Experience of a candidate

Indian Embassy, Kathmandu



I had applied for the position of an assistant in the Indian Embassy by Email. Because that time due to pandemic situation, Embassy of India, which would normally ask for paper application, had entertained online applications. I sent my Cover Letter, CV, academic documents and a passport size photograph to the email provided. Normally, vacancies are published on national newspapers and Embassy of India, Kathmandu's official website. I hope my experience helps you get a general idea of how the exam is conducted in Embassy of India, Kathmandu, Nepal. 

I had applied in January, and I got called for the written exam regarding that job in April. Hence it can be  understood that hiring process is rather long.

I received a call from an individual from the Embassy. He told me to come at Kendriya Vidhyalaya for the exam with my Citizenship card at 10:30 am.

Until that point, I did not know anything about the format of the exam. I did not even know whether to dress formally or casually.

Hence, I decided to dress semi-formally and went for the exam. There was airport-like security check-up in the main entrance of Kendriya Vidhyala. I was required to enter my name in the ledger and then I was told to go to the main exam building inside the main gate.

When I went there there were invigilators to receive us. They directed me to the exam room. There were already some examinees seated. The vacancy announcement was for two positions of Assistant and there were almost 20-30 examinees.

Before the exam started, they checked my ID card to verify I am the genuine applicant.

The exam lasted for like 30-45 minutes. And all the questions were multiple choice questions covering subject matters such as English, Mathematics, IQ, Computer and GK. For every correct answer we would get 3 points and 1 point penalty for every incorrect answer. 

For the English section first question was, if I remember correctly, changing from active voice to passive voice and the sentence given was

We must endure what we cannot change

There were four options given, I do not remember them all but I circled the box
What cannot be cured must be endured.

Second question was on synonym. I was asked the synonym of ‘dubious’ to which I answered ‘doubtful’.

Third question was on antonym of the word 'Futile' and my answer was fruitful. Also, there were 2 questions based on English Idioms and their meanings. First idiom was “In high spirits” and its meaning and I forgot the second idiom, I couldn’t answer its meaning as well.

Then IQ questions were asked. From what I remember there was one question about finding how is A related to B is A is C’s mother and so on.

Here’s the sample question I copied from the internet so that you get an idea. For more such questions visit this site. Logical Question.

A is B’s brother. C is D’s father. E is B’s mother. A and D are brothers. How is E related to C?
a) Sister b)Sister-in-law c)Niece d)Wife

I suppose there were two questions on relations.

And there was also a question on direction like the following question.

A man walks 5Km towards north and then turn to the right. After walking 3Km he turns to the left. Now in which direction is he facing?
A. North B. South C. West D. East


Another question was like this 9 * 12 = 36
9* 15 = 15 and we needed to find out an unknown value. And one was about number sequence. Visit this site to learn similar problems HERE.

As for mathematics, there were questions covering various topics like Area and volume of a cylinder, Equations and inequalities, proportion.

And 2 questions were like x men can finish work in 10 days and y women can finish the same work in 20 days..
Example 2 men and 3 women can do a piece of work in 10 days while 3 men and 2 women can do the same work in 8 days. Then, 2 men and 1 women can do the same work in ……

And I guess there was also a mathematical / Physics related question about angle of observation or something, which I don’t remember clearly.

From computer section, the questions covered the basic knowledge about computer. Like who is the founder of WWW, and another question read

The process of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called

A) Downloading, B) Uploading C)FTP d)downsizing

And the last one question was from GK, which was, what’s the name of the only novel written by Laxmi Prasad Devkota?, and the Correct answer was Champa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts