Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

US Embassy Kathmandu- Facebook Diversity Visa Chat (14 OCT, 2020)




Embassy of the US, consular office, Kathmandu, answered queries on the Diversity Visa (DV) on 14th October 2020. Here is the list of questions and answers taken from its Official Facebook Page, which could be helpful for the DV applicants.


Q. I have filled out the DV form online meeting all the requirements. They have told me to send the confirmation link in my email when all the procedures get completed but haven't sent the confirmation page. Should I wait further for their reply or fill out another form? please let me know sir.
Consular:-You should only submit one application for the lottery. If you have already submitted a form, you should wait for a confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation, you have not successfully submitted the application.

Q. Sir I am a DV winner 2021. My case number is current, Although 2NL letter has not been issued, my query is that if 2NL letter will be issued in the days to come, can I postpone my Interview date due because my wife is pregnant and her date of delivery is in the first week of January and she is the derivative of my DV lottery so my humble request to u to know me how can I solve this case. Thank you.
Consular:-Because we will not be able to process DV2021 cases until after December 31, 2020, you will not need to worry about your interview date just yet. Since your family circumstances are changing, be sure to contact KCCDV@state.gov in order to include your new child on your DV application. Failure to include all eligible family members on your application can result in you beingdisqualified.d
 

Q.Sir, I was born in Manipur (India). I got my education from there but my family migrated to Nepal. I filled out my birth address in the DV application form as Nepal. Is there anything wrong with it sir?
Consular:-If you are a Nepali citizen, you are eligible for the DV, but if you retain your Indian citizenship, you are not eligible.

Q. I am now married. When filling out the application I filled out saying that I am unmarried, if I win the DV lottery will there be any problem or not?
Consular:-We certainly understand life does not stand still once you apply for the DV! If you have a baby or get married after you submit your DV application, be sure you contact KCCDV@state.gov in order to include your new child or spouse on your DV application. Failure to include all eligible family members on your application can result in you being disqualified.

Q. How the DV selection is done?. I think they select the person with the best photo, is it true?
Consular:-The initial selection process is done completely at random from a pool of qualified candidates. One's photo does not affect selection.

Q. I applied for a tourist visit visa for three times and all three times I got rejected, so if applied for the DV Is there any possibility for me to get accepted in the DV and if after applying for a DV can I also apply for tourist visit visa??
Consular:-Previous applications for tourist visas have no affect on a DV application.

Q.As all we know, you will repeat the same old thing: we can't provide a specific date when the embassy will resume the F1 visa appointment. I would like to ask if we could apply from any third party country, for instance, India, for our visa appointment.
Consular:- There is no prohibition against applying for a student visa from another country. However, please make sure you research the option carefully and contact the embassy where you plan to apply in order to follow any applicable guidance.

Q.Dear Sir, does the image which we upload make any positive impression for the selection criteria of EDV visa?
Consular:-Applications for the DV lottery are selected at random by computer.

Q.Can a student currently studying in grade 12 apply for EDV program 2022 ? He is highly interested in going and studying in the USA and is willing to apply for a student visa too . Can he apply for both student visa and EDV program ?
Consular:-Anyone who qualifies for a Diversity Visa may enter the lottery, although a student who is finishing grade 12 (and is selected) may have to wait to complete his/her.

Q.When will the interview for DV winner 2021 resume? What is passport validity should be from the interview date?
Consular:-Because the U.S. Embassy remains closed for routine services due to the pandemic, and because the Presidential Proclamation last April has temporarily halted some categories of immigrant visas, we will not be able to begin DV 2021 interviews until after December 31, 2020. Please monitor our website for updates.

Q.Is the DV program mostly accepting lower qualification candidates than higher ones? Why I am asking this is I have seen many DV winners who have just +2 as their qualifications and not seen any with master and higher qualifications. Is it just coincidence or reality?
Consular:-The situation you describe is coincidental since the minimum education qualification is a +2. Those with graduate degrees may pursue different paths to immigration, but all are welcome to apply for the DV program and selection is randomized.

Q.Is it a random selection or by individual experiences/qualifications?
Consular:-If your application is complete and you qualify under the basic guidelines, selectees are chosen purely at random.

Q.What is the educational qualification for DV Lottery? Can a person who has passed SLC participate in DV or not?
Consular:-DV applicants must have completed their +2 education or they may be able to qualify with work experience. However, if you plan to use work experience for your application, you should review the instructions carefully to make sure your occupation qualifies.

Q. Is minimum 2 years working experience compulsory for being eligible for the D.V program?
Consular:-Good question. No. Although you do need to show successful completion of your +2 degree and should have a clear plan for how you will support yourself in the U.S., there is no requirement for a minimum number of years of working experience.
The 2 year work requirement is only applicable if you have not completed your +2 education, and only some occupations qualify. To learn more, you can go to the O*Net Online website to determine if you are qualified.

Q.Should we contact a professional photographer to take the photo?
Consular:-All photos should be passport quality and must conform to the requirements in the instructions.

Q. Dear Consular Officer, my question is, if husband and wife both eligible to participate in DVprogram, then can both husband and wife fill up DV form separately mentioning each other?
Consular:-If both husband and wife are qualified, yes, they may each submit separate applications and should include all family members on the application.

Q.I am Nepali and I am in Dubai. Can I apply from here?
Consular:-Applications are done entirely online, so you can apply for the initial lottery from anywhere.

Q. If I got a visa, can I do my further studies in USA ?
Consular:-If you received a Diversity Visa, you may study or work anywhere in the US.

Q.Is US Embassy considering the negative impact on students planning to study in the US due to closure of F1 Visa ? How are you dealing with this issue?
Consular:- We are certainly aware of the anxiety the closure of the embassy is causing student visa applicants. We continue to review options on a weekly basis, but are constrained by State Department regulations and Embassy protocols which are designed to safeguard the health and welfare of everyone during this pandemic.

Q.How to apply for DV? I am in class 11 now , can I apply for DV or not ?
Consular:-If you are qualified, you may enter the DV lottery, and all of the guidelines are on the U.S. Embassy website. However, if you are selected for a DV, you must have completed your +2 by the end of the DV period (in this case, September 30, 2022) in order for your application to be approved.

Q.I am just 18 but I have already completed 10+2. Will there be denial of my visa even if I get selected for the DV lottery because of my age? Is there minimum age limit after getting selected for the DV lottery program?
Consular:-There is no minimum age requirement and because you have completed your +2, you should qualify as long as all other requirements are met.

Q.Previously, I was selected for DV 2020 and due to American law deadline for Diversity Visa is September 30 in other words DV process expires on every September 30. Now some immigration lawyers are fighting for deadline extension. In this case, can I able to fill another DV form (DV 2022) ,Does it effect my DV 2020 process? Hoping for positive response!
Consular:-This is a very good question. There certainly has been a great deal of confusion over the DV2020 program as a result of the Presidential Proclamation and subsequent lawsuits. However, if you did not receive a Diversity Visa in 2020, you likely are eligible for the DV2022 lottery.

Q.Is there any minimum age requirement for applying D.V? Actually I am 17.6 years old and have completed my high school. Am I eligible for D.V?
Consular:-There is no minimum age requirement, but you will need to have completed your +2 education to qualify.

Q. A student is applying Diversity Visa program and is planning to apply for a US University for further courses incase he won't be selected for DV. So he has a question that will this DV application will affect his Visa for US in future?
Consular:-A DV application does not directly affect any non-immigrant visa (NIV) applications. However, any NIV applicant must demonstrate why he or she would be compelled to return to Nepal in accordance with the terms of the non-immigrant visa.

Source:-US Embassy, Nepal's Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts