Pages

Friday 30 August 2019

US Embassy Nepal, biweekly Visa Chat.

This is a compilation of questions by those who want to visit the USA for various purposes and their queries are addressed by Consular Officer of US embassy, Nepal. I have compiled it here from the Facebook page of US embassy,  Nepal, in the hope that it will help prospective visa applicants. However this is to give the general idea, some rules might change in future so contact the US embassy for the latest, authentic and reliable information.

Q. Isn't the visa fee too expensive for poor Nepali people?
Answer:-Regarding fees, we do not make any money on application fees. Our process--which includes processing your application, the interview, etc.--is all fee-funded. The fee you pay goes towards covering the cost of the process. For this reason, fees cannot be refunded if you are not successful in your application.

Q.Why genuine certificate holders don't get visa and people with fake documents are getting F2 visa?
Answer by Consular Officer:- I  cannot address your specific situation, but when we consider F2 visas, we are concerned with whether the marriage is genuine and not just for immigration purposes, whether you can financially support yourself in the US, and whether you have an intent to depart the US at the end of the course of study for your spouse. If you were refused your visa, it is because you were unable to convince the Consular Officer you have met these criteria


Q.Can we ( Nepali) join US Army or police ?
Answer:- You have to be a U.S. legal permanent resident to join one of the branches of the U.S. military or to become a police officer.

Q.How to go to the USA legally on the work visa?
Answer:- Visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on visas, the information you need to provide, and how to apply. https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/



Q.F4 visa को हाल कुन date सम्मको processing भै रहेको छ?
Answer:- In general, F4 and immigrant visas are valid until your medical clearance expires. If your medical clearance expires before you enter the U.S., you will need to get another medical clearance and we will have to reissue the visa.

Q. We have soccer academy here in nepal. We are planning to participate reputed soccer tournament in the USA. What kind documents do we need to show?
Answer:- You need to apply for a B1/B2 tourist visa. You are welcome to bring documents to the interview, but a Consular Officer may not review them. The only documents you a required for the interview is your completed application and your passport.

Q. What are the documents required for F2 visa interview?
Answer:- The decision on the visa is based on the interview, NOT documents. Given you are an F2, however, you will need to demonstrate the validity of your marriage. I would encourage you to bring your wedding certificate and anything else you believe will support your application

Q. I want to visit the USA .what are the documents needed to apply?
Answer:- 
Visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on visas, the information you need to provide, and how to apply. https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Q.हाल सम्म कति जना नेपालीले यू यस भ्रमण गरेका छन? कति जनाले अमेरीका को पि आर लिएका छन? कति जनाले अमेरीकाको नागरिकता लिएका छन?
Answer:- I'm afraid I don't have those detailed numbers, but you may be able to find estimates online.


Q. I with my wife applied for US tourist visa, but got rejected with out valid reason. Visa officer did not gave me the valid reason for reason rejection and handed over a paper which states many causes of visa rejection. If S/he tells us the valid reason we could improve for the next attempt. 

Please ask your visa officers to give us the valid reasons for visa rejection. 
If it is possible please send me an email why my visa was rejected???
Thank you and hope to receive a positive reply.
Answer:- Every applicant who interviews is provided with a rejection letter explaining the basics of U.S. immigration law. To qualify for a U.S. tourist visa, you must meet certain legal requirements. I cannot address your specific situation, but to qualify for a B1/B2 visa, you need to demonstrate why you would be compelled to return to Nepal upon completion of your trip and not stay in the U.S. If you were refused, the officer was unable to establish that after talking to you. While you are welcome to reapply, our standards are based in U.S law and do not vary. Unless you have a material change in your situation, you may not receive a different decision in your next interview

Q.Is there any time frame of administrative processing for non immigrant visa?
Answer:- Unfortunately, no, there is not. Administrative processing can be required for a number of reasons and it's not possible to offer a definite time-frame for when it will be completed.

Q.We appreciate your visa issuing system. But visa fee is very high. Could you reduce it ?
Answer:-We do not make any money on application fees. Our process--which includes processing your application, the interview, etc.--is all fee-funded. The fee you pay goes towards covering the cost of the process. For this reason, the fees cannot be refunded if you are not successful in your application.

Q.Please, stop this fruitless discussion! The visa officers reject visa for no reason at all!! There is no thought to stay in America after study at all but they blame us to have intended to migrate which is wrong and wrong! They listen no answer, they see no supportive documents, they harass and misbehave!! And you have kept a provision that we can't file case against such humiliation!! What humanity and self respect are you teaching the world about?? Do they have right to humiliate us simply because they are American and we are Nepali?? What is there to reject when we go to study in pay or scholarship thinking to return back to our native land where we have parents, wife/husband, children and other relatives?? Why do you people harass so badly?? Why do you take our money for no reason? Aren't we a sovereign nation as you are?? If previously gone people have wrongly stayed, why did you let them to do?? Are they all illegally staying?? What is the meaning of your globalisation?? So please stop it... we don't have to stay in your nation as the second class citizen. We harm no one and don't want to be harmed this way. We seek gold in rocks with our family! First, please do change your glass to look at Nepalese, and train your VOs accordingly or stop this drama of visa and all, please!! Out of total applicants, 5% people also don't get visa! What is the base of it all?? Simply 'intention to migrate'?? how humiliating!!
Answer:- As I have previously mentioned, all visa applications are voluntary and no one is forced to apply or pay for any type of U.S. visa application. All of our visa adjudications are based on U.S. law. To qualify for a visa, you HAVE to meet ALL of the legal requirements for that type of visa. I cannot address your specific case, but to qualify for a student visa, you only need to demonstrate three things: 1. That you intend to study and will not use the visa for any other purpose (work, etc.); 2. That you intend depart the U.S. after completion of your studies; and 3. That you can pay for your studies. If you were rejected, it was because the Consular Officer was unable to establish that you met all three of these criteria. I do not know where you get your statistics for visa acceptance rates, but they are not correct. Thousands of Nepalis qualify for tourist and student visas each year.

Q.Does the community college affect the chance of getting F2 visa even having enough funds/financial?Why?
Answer:-
No, it does not matter. There’s no magic formula or special major to help you get an F1 or F2 student visa. The requirements for student F1 and F2 visas are the same for all majors, interests, universities and levels of education (BA, MA, PHD).

Q.Hello sir/ma'am, I am planning to apply for M1 visa so what kind of documents required in the visa interview?
Answer:-You need to provide the DS-2019 and your passport. Ours is an interview-based process, NOT a document-dependent process. That said, if you feel there is something that will help your application, you are free to bring it. Do not be surprised if the officer does not ask to see any other documents, however.

Q.Hi good morning sir, my name is Sushil Sthapit from Kathmandu I applied for my son on the occasion of graduationI got 3 times rejected the VISA officer rejected visa for no reason at all and got invitation letter also from American university college I have own business here my mom and a son of 13 years old, also my wife and have my own home property I just applied for 20 days it's my dream to travel America but did not get VISA so shall I apply again for VISA or not please suggest me sir. I am the only one son of my family so can't spend long time out of station.  Hope I will get the right suggestion. Have a lovely Friday sir.
Answer:-
In order to qualify for a B1/B2 visa, you need to demonstrate why you would be compelled to return to Nepal upon completion of your trip and not stay in the U.S. If you have been refused multiple times for the same travel purpose, the officer was unable to establish that after talking to you.

Q.
Why is it that students applying for USMLE exam are granted 5 year visa...some 1 year and some 6 months. Why is this difference since all the students' purpose it to appear for CS exam?...Thank you in advance for your reply.
Answer:-
Those applying for a tourist visa for the USMLEs are generally given a visa good for one year or less. The visa is granted based on the purpose of the visit, which in the case of USMLEs is to take a short test and possibly interview for resident positions in hospitals. Keep in mind every situation and interview is different. The visa may be issued for longer or shorter periods of time depending on the applicant. In general, however, we prefer to issue full-validity visas good for five years.

Q.
What effect does it have on someone for B2 visa who has been waiting for family petition? 
Or any other visas viz. F1 or H1?
Answer:-
Having a pending immigrant application is not an automatic disqualification for a tourist of student visa. Keep in mind, however, that a tourist visa is intended for short visits. To qualify for this visa, a Consular Officer must be convinced you have strong ties to your home country and an intent to depart the U.S. A pending immigrant application means that you plan to immigrate to the U.S. and live permanently. In your interview, you will need to explain your true intentions.

Q.
 How many times i should apply with genuine document to get visa?
Answer:-I 
 am not really sure what you are asking. We interview applicants to determine if they meet the legal requirements for the visa class. We rarely review documents, and ours is NOT a document-based process (I know many countries do rely heavily on documents, but we do not). While I would hope that any documents you provide are indeed genuine, that alone will not ensure you qualify for the visa.

Q.Hello, I have been granted TPS which has been automatically extended until March 24, 2020. I came back to Nepal on April 2019 and i have travel document which states that i have to enter US before June 24,2019. But due to some circumstances i was unable to return on that date however my TPS is still valid until 24March 2020. Can i still or how may I travel to US before that date?
Answer:-
For questions regarding TPS and advanced parole, please contact USCIS.

Q.If my brother (U.S Naturalised citizen) has filed a petition l-130 (for sibling), Is it i won’t be granted for visit visa ? If so , why ? Thank you in advance for answering my question ?
Answer:- I cannot predict whether you will qualify for the visa--that is what the interview is for. This is a very common question, however. If you have a pending immigrant petition, it is not an automatic disqualification for a tourist visa. Keep in mind, however, that an immigrant visa petition means that you intend to move to the United States permanently. One of the requirements for a tourist visa is that you must demonstrate strong ties to Nepal and an intent to depart the US at the end of your visit. When you apply for a tourist visa, you will need to explain why you do not currently plan to move to the US for good.

Q.Would you please tell me the online Visa filling procedure., required documents and other related issues?
Answer:-
Visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on visas, the information you need to provide, and how to apply. https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Q. I was a student in the US and I returned to Nepal because of some serious health condition. I had a valid TPS at the time of departure and was planning to reinstate in a University but I couldn't . now I am in Nepal and my visa will expire in a few months. if I were to apply once again would my visa history affect the process in anyway?
Answer:-
I cannot address your specific case, but to qualify for a student visa, you only need to demonstrate three things: 1. That you intend to study and will not use the visa for any other purpose (work, etc.); 2. That you intend depart the U.S. after completion of your studies; and 3. That you can pay for your studies. Given your usage of your visa in the past, you will need to explain your intentions and convince the Consular Officer that you meet all three of these legal criteria.

Q. Hello! I have my startup company in Nepal & American seed accelerator give me chance to pitch my business idea & startup in US. so they said me that i have to applied for ESTA VISA or B1 visa so my question is which visa do i need to apply. Thank you!
Answer:-
You need to apply for a B1/B2 visa. Visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on visas, the information you need to provide, and how to apply. https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Q.  I want to apply for master in US in hospitality .i want to know how much effective is it to get visa for hospitality in US and what document are necessary for it?
Answer:-
Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Nepal website to learn more about visas and how you can apply for a new visa. It is in both English and Nepali: https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/

Q.My parents have B1/B2 visa up to December 2019.we want to renew the B1/ B2 visa, how can we renew that visa?do we need to do same process as Before? What is the process for that?
Answer:-
Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Nepal website to learn more about visas and how you can apply for a new visa. The information is in both English and Nepali: https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/

Q.I am working in government office as police officer ( inspector ) ,, I have served in UN for one year . I have decided to visit America on my vacation because it is my dream when I used to read a story on my childhood days of developed county, America . But, I heard being as Nepali it is very hard to get visa for USA . Is it true ? Or ,if possible to get visa what I have do ?
Answer:-
Please keep in mind all visa applicants do so voluntarily. No one is forcing anyone to apply for a visa. Our visa adjudications are based on U.S. law, and all applicants in every country must meet those same requirements. I cannot address your specific situation, but to qualify for a B1/B2 visa, you need to demonstrate why you would be compelled to return to Nepal upon completion of your trip and not stay in the U.S. If you can do that to the satisfaction of the adjudicating officer, then you will qualify for the visa. Thousands of Nepalis qualify for tourist visas each year.

Q.Dear Consular Officer,

I have long gap after my high school (almost 12 years, and I am 31 now), I genuinely want to study Bachelor of Information Technology (IT) at a US university, which I think would create opportunities for me to work globally. But
, educational consultancies here say, I have long gap and I have done menial jobs during the gap years, therefore I am highly unlikely to get a US Student Visa. But, I am not convinced by them. I think people can study at any age. I am pretty confident that, even if it is a bit late, I can do a lot even at this age to make this world a better place.So, sir, I want to know from you- indisputably the most authorised and trustworthy person to answer this- if I can still apply for the Undergraduate Degree in the US and get Visa despite the gap? I reiterate that, I my intentions are genuine, I genuinely want to study and nothing else, and I am now capable of financing my studies.
You have made a wise decision--don't listen to the consultancies. I cannot predict whether you will qualify for the student visa--that's what the interview is for. But simply having a gap in your studies is not an automatic disqualification. To qualify for a student visa, you only need to demonstrate three things: 1. That you intend to study and will not use the visa for any other purpose (work, etc.) 2. That you intend to leave the U.S. after completion of your studies; and 3. That you can pay for your studies..

Q. I applied for my parents (in laws) twice and they were denied for visit visa. I believe i meet all requirements to sponsor their visit and they do not have any intention to stay here in States. They cannot even manage time for stay over few months because they have bigger commitments and daily responsibilities in Nepal. They could not visit their daughter (my wife) during her baby delivery. Now we wish they could travel and stay for couple months which would help us and make them happy as well. But i am unsure if i should keep spending to have them re-apply again and again. How would i know when is right time for them to apply ? They did not get any vilid reasons for previous denials. Please suggest.
Answer:-
 If your parents were refused, it was because they did not meet the U.S. legal requirements for the visa--that is a valid reason for a refusal. To qualify for a B1/B2 visa, an applicant needs to demonstrate why he/she would be compelled to return to Nepal upon completion of his/her trip and not stay in the U.S. If your parents were refused, the officer was unable to establish that after talking to them. They are welcome to reapply, but if there are no material changes to their situation, they may not get a different decision.

Q.
 I got rejected twice, on may 3rd and June 7, my major was BS in Psychology. I'm changing my major to Bachelor's in Business administration, and I will apply again for spring, will it be any problem if I change my major?
Answer:- 
 I cannot address your specific case. However, the requirements for student visas are the same for all majors, interests, universities and levels of education (BA, MA, PHD). To qualify for a student visa, you only need to demonstrate three things: 1. That you intend to study and will not use the visa for any other purpose (work, etc.); 2. That you intend to depart the U.S. after completion of your studies; and 3. That you can pay for your studies. If you were rejected, it was because the Consular Officer was unable to establish that you met these three criteria. If you have changed your major, you are welcome to mention that at the interview. The officer may be interested in what your new plans are, but to qualify for the visa, you must meet the above three qualifications.
The above ARE the three legal requirements for the visa. I can't get more specific than that. As mentioned, an applicant's major (or degree, or university, etc) really does not matter. While we may ask about your future intentions and purpose of study, the requirements are the same regardless of what or where you intend to study

Q.
 I am on OPT after finishing my associates. My visa is expiring soon. Can my wife apply for F2 visa in this situation? What are the chances of getting F2 visa approved? Any favorable procedure, you suggest?
Answer:-
Your wife is welcome to apply, but will need to meet the requirements for the F2 visa to qualify. Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Nepal website to learn more about visas and how you can apply for a new visa. It is in both English and Nepali: https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/

Q.
1. Do you decide whom to award visa and whom not before interview is conducted ? - As I feel, and heard. 
2. Why consular disagreed to read recommendations of other parties regarding visa ? 
3. Were your all decisions (all who got visa except DV are s
upposed to return back to Nepal) perfectly made throughout the history ? Those who you believe will return to Nepal after study/visit, have returned fairly ? If not, then aren't consular's decision imperfect? 
4. Consular office send same reply to all different emails, are they read, and replied by human? or automated ? 
5. How the decision of Sandip Lamichhane, ware reviewed in an hour ? Was the first decision faulty? 
6. Why you give visa to settle permanently to the elected people's representative ? Could not you say sorry - go to serve your own people ?
Thanks
Answer:- I don't understand some of your comments and cannot address cases related to specific individuals. Regarding your first question, no, we do not pre-judge applicants. In general, the first time we encounter a visa applicant is when he/she comes to our window to interview. We conduct interviews for that purpose--to interview an individual to determine if he/she meets the requirements for the visa class. Regarding questions two, please keep in mind ours is an interview-based process, not one based on documents. While officers may sometimes review documents, in most cases we do not. We do not require "sponsors" for visits or defer to letters of recommendation. As to your third point, no human process is or is expected to be perfect. We base our decisions on U.S. law. U.S. legal requirements for a tourist and student visa are stringent. An applicant must convince a Consular Officer that he/she meets these requirements. If the Consular Officer is not convinced, the visa cannot legally be issued.

Q.Good Morning Sir/Madam My mother went to USA and come back.Her B2 visa is going to expired soon did she has to apply again for B2 visa after her previous visa expiration and follow same procedures?Thank you.
Answer:- Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Nepal website to learn more about visas and how you can apply for a new visa. It is in both English and Nepali: https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/

Q.I need to know about J1visa and required documents.Answer:-A J1 visa is generally use for short-term training and exchange programs. To get a J1, you must be accepted by a program in the U.S. that is prepared to provide you with a DS-2019. Other than the DS-2019 and your passport, there are no other required documents. Be sure you understand that you must meet all the requirements for the visa--simply being issued a DS-2019 does not mean you will get your visa. Visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on visas, the information you need to provide, and how to apply. https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Q.Respected Visa officers I have apply or given interview B1 B2 visa on June 13 because my cousin brother sponsor for certain days of us trip and he take my all responsibilities in given document but visa officer only scanned my passport took a short interview and his answer was you are not qualified . My request for embassy, please check all the applicant document .Can I re - apply again for USA Sir?
Answer:-Please be aware our process for issuing visas is based on the interview, NOT documents. While you are welcome to bring supporting documents to the interview, the Consular Officer may choose not to review them. We ask questions about the purpose of travel and why the applicant would be compelled to return to Nepal at the completion of his/her trip. To qualify for a B1/B2 visa, you need to demonstrate why you would be compelled to return to Nepal upon completion of your trip and not stay in the U.S. If you were refused, the officer was unable to establish that after talking to you.
Q.My father in law is going to the US in sponsoring of his son who is an US citizen. On September 5 he is going to the US embassy to take his interview. He is not well and about to check up in us according to his son. He is not able to go alone because of his health so that his son suggest to come his sister with their father. For these what's types of documents should submit in embassy to get visa.please suggest.
Answer:-Other than a passport and the visa application, there are no required documents for a visa interview. Ours is an interview-based process, NOT a document-based process. You are welcome to bring documents to the interview, but do not be surprised if the Consular Officer does not view them. While it is certainly possible for someone to interview with your father-in-law to help accompany him on his travel, be aware that that individual must independently qualify for the visa.

Q.What are necessary documents needed for visit visa for graduation program and when I have to apply for December program? Thanks.
Answer:- Ours is an interview-based process, not a document-based process. There are no documents required for your interview beyond the application and your passport. Our decisions are based on the law. While our Consular Officers may look at documents, please do not be surprised if they do not ask for or look at documents you bring.

Q. Dear respected sir/madam,
I won the diversity Visa 2019 and had my appointment on 29th of November 2018 they refused my Visa under 221g because of the insufficient sponsor's document. After that I changed my sponsor who is financially stable and can ea
sily host me there in the United states. I provided everything that they need about my sponsor. But still my Visa has been refused but the reason is public charge concern. For that reason I even submitted my properties papers and bank statement. but still they're not convinced. I have been struggling with this matter for almost 8-9 months and I am so mentally disturbed now. Consular officers they are not cooperating with any of the emails that I sent to them. It would be very much better and easy if they refused visa with valid reason than to lingering and keep asking for document submission if the answer is same.

Answer:-
 I cannot address your specific case here. Please contact us at consktm@state.gov if you are uncertain about the status of your case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts