Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

A detail account of Ex-Prince Paras Shah's heart-attack.

By Sunil Khadka


Last 22nd Mangshir, how can I forget that day? One of my Nepalese friend called me and said "Ex-prince is chased by someone, please rescue him." I haven't had any interaction with prince before. Though I also used to live in Bangkok, but I have never seen him. He being Ex-Prince and more importantly a Nepali citizen, I thought it was my responsibility to help him.

Ex-Prince Paras used to live in an apartment of Bangkok. There, some newly introduced 'suspicious' foreigners assaulted inside his apartment. He left that apartment due to insecurity after that and went to live in a hotel of Phuket. Even there he felt insecure. Some foreigners with suspicious nature used to come to introduce and meet him. Moreover, he felt like some such people following/chasing him constantly. 

And one day while staying in hotel, he found somebody following him and he called some Nepalese he knew. Then, 3 Nepalese went there, put him in their car and took him to another place. Another vehicle was still following him from behind. Then one panicked Nepalese (friend of mine) called me very fearfully. I decided to help him and called them at the parking near my house. They came in full speed. Hurriedly I put Paras into my car. And I sped the car at the speed of 145kph. That was like flying not like driving. For a while, we had seen a vehicle following us. But I confused that and move ahead. I kept on driving my car for long on the open highway and after driving around 200km, I felt like we are now saved and took a deep breath.

Paras was really panicked when he rode my car initially. I too was worried so much. But I, not showing my fear, kept on consolidating him saying "I will take you to the safe place, nothing bad is going to happen." He seemed to be quite assured then.

Even while driving at the huge speed, I was talking with him to make him feel secure and comfortable. He then wanted to know me and thanked me for helping him. I had asked about his living there and some family stuffs. Even after taking him away from those suspicious people I felt like not living him alone. So I requested him to go to my home. And he was agreed. We both took deep breath after reaching home. When I remember that incident now I find that as a story of a film.

***************************************************************
As I said before Ex-Prince Paras and I were never introduced before that. I also had negative notions about him like a general Nepalese. But my notions about him were totally changed to 180 degree, the day I met him. I found him 100% different than I had thought him to be, open hearted, frank and helpful. He posses many virtues a good person possess and he has a true Nepali heart and Nepalese perspective.

Initially I used to call him 'your highness'. But gradually after being so close with him, he was like my elder brother. Because, he himself asked me not to say 'highness', I started calling him 'brother'. We are like elder and younger brothers.

I had heard many bad news about Paras and many bad things he did after being heavily drunk. But, while he stayed with me, he has never taken any alcohol or similar things. Many people won't believe if I say he doesn't drink alcohol, but it's a fact, I promise. He used to drink until he used to live in Singapore, but he has never taken anything like that after coming to Bangkok. He used to drink water when I used to drink alcohol staying together with him. He is not taking alcohol due to the health reasons.

His lifestyle was extremely normal when he used to stay with me. Most of the times he used to stay inside. Sometimes I used to take him on an excursion. He had one Thai-girlfriend. Due to language barrier in Bangkok, he had kept her to help him. She used to come to my home at times, to meet him. I don't want to know about their relationship more. He used to surf computer while at home and he used to study the news of Nepal, surf Facebook and play games. Other times he used to study books.

He used to speak very frankly with me. He is so fun-loving. His and mine relationship was totally informal later, perhaps there is no secret he has hidden to me. He even used to talk about his family and wife. But it is not good to speak on record everything he has said to me. He also has said about the 'Royal Massacre'. I don't want to bring that to the light. Nobody might believe that. I can say this much, there has been a huge injustice to Paras and his family regarding royal massacre. I found that it has so much weaken him from inside.

We used to talk about Nepali politics too. He used to be very worried about Nepal. He used to update every news of Nepal. I also used to tell him about the new happenings I found. His thought was to go back to Nepal eventually. He used to talk about doing social service in Nepal. His perspective about politics was that there should be stable and progressive government regardless of who is in charge of the government.

He was also interested in the household tasks. He used to make his room very clean and tidy. He also used to cook some foodstuffs like tea, coffee and meat items, at times. Meat soup and rice were his favourite dishes. We were like the members of a family. Because of him, I felt like I am staying in Nepal.

***************************************************************************
That day we were at home for the whole day. His Thai girlfriend also had come to meet him. There was no chicken in the evening. He sent me to buy chicken. I went out and after a while I got a miscall from his number. I tried to call him back but number was not received.  When I called his friend she said that Paras got a heart-attack. I instantly called guard and ask to take him to the hospital. Samitivej hospital is 5 minutes away from my apartment. He instantly took him to the hospital. I also reached hospital, hurriedly.


His heartbeat was stopped by the time I reached the hospital. Doctor said "He is no more." Suddenly tears came out of my eyes. Controlling myself, I tried to call his family in Nepal. I had the number of them all. But none of the calls were reached. Later I sent SMS and they called me back.



I asked the doctors to put him in the ventilator till I call his family. Perhaps, my call not being received initially was also one great reason of Paras's survival. If they were reached initially I called them, I wouldn't have requested the doctors to put him into the ventilator. Doctor had declared the death. Shockingly his heartbeat was back a minute before I got a call from Nepal. If they had called me 2 minutes before I would have told them that he was no more. I thought we all were lucky.

Until Ex-Royal family reached to Thailand I was a lone guardian of Paras there. I was deeply shattered. I had to sign on every documents mentioning  'I will be responsible if something went wrong during the course of treatment'. I was in the very difficult situation. Even his Thai-girlfriend had stopped coming, probably she was convinced that he is going to die. I felt like I was quite relieved from my huge burden, after Ex-Princess Himani and Ex King and Queen came to Bangkok.

They thanked me whole heartedly for everything I had done. Then they took care of everything. It was like huge magic when he become conscious. It was a real magic even to the doctors. He was so touched when he met me the first time after he become conscious. He hugged me saying "you are my lifesaver." I was touched too. He was later kept on a rehabilitation centre of the same hospital after being discharged.

He has came out three days before, finding it hard to stay there.  He is now staying in a temporary apartment near to the hospital. Doctors are taking care of him regularly. He is barred from eating many things. I meet him everyday.  He is gradually gaining weight. His face is turning brighter. I want to see him like before soonest possible.

SOURCE:-NAYAPATRIKA
TRANSLATED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts